ZAPBC is not a provincial or federal government program. As such, all incentives are subject to change at any time without notice as they are directly linked to available funding.
You may experience some difficulties with your home charger installation if you:
- You have a 100vamp panel.
- Do not have your own electrical meter (not shared with any other residence or suite within your residence/building).
- Do not have a WiFi (internet connection). Also, the WiFi connection must be strong enough to reach the charging location in the garage. If it’s not, you may need a booster.
- Live in a stratified property. Depending on the requirements of your individual strata, you may or may not be able to install a charger. It’s up to you to find out the requirements for your property. Useful step-by-step information can be found on the Metro Vancouver website.
- Do not have a major credit card.
DO NOT RECYCLE THE CHARGER BOX IMMEDIATELY!
In order to receive this rebate, you must keep the box the charger was purchased in. You must cut out the UPC code sticker with the serial number on it. You must keep this as it is required in order to complete your claim. An example of the UPC code sticker can be viewed here.
In order to receive a rebate, you must complete the installation process within 30 days of your application date. If your installation is not complete within 30 days, your application will close automatically. Incentives are limited and therefore are not guaranteed.
SUPPLIER(S) REFUND POLICIES
- All customers must understand and agree that if you purchase a charger, activate it on the network and receive a rebate from ZAPBC that you cannot return the charger and/or request a refund. Once activated, the charger purchase is permanent and final and no refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
- All customers must understand and agree that you will read and understand the return policies of the approved supplier, before you purchase the charger. ZAPBC is not responsible for any returns or for the policies of any supplier associated with this program.
EFT REBATE/INCENTIVE PAYMENTS
- All rebate payments will be made by EFT (electronic funds transfer) directly from us, to you.
- All customers must provide the required EFT information when applying to our program, this will include (1) institution number, (2) routing number, and (3) bank account number.
- A claim is not complete until we receive the proper claim documentation from you.
- If you have not received your EFT from us within 2 weeks of submitting a complete claim, you must contact us by phone or email and advise us accordingly.
- Our service standard for processing EFTs is 2-3 weeks from the date on which we are in receipt of complete claim documentation (See Step 5) and you have completed all the connection and activation steps.
You will be reimbursed for the cost of the charger BEFORE taxes. In other words, you are responsible for paying the taxes (PST & GST) on the charger.
CANADIAN CHARGEPOINT ACCOUNT REQUIREMENT